Care and Maintenance
Onyx is a beautiful natural stone that is delicate and requires proper care and maintenance to keep it looking its best. By following these care and maintenance tips, you can help ensure that your onyx surfaces remain beautiful for years to come.
- Clean Up Spills Immediately: Onyx is a porous material, which means that it can be stained easily. To prevent stains, it is important to wipe up any spills immediately with a soft cloth.
- Use a pH-Neutral Cleaner: Harsh cleaners, such as bleach or vinegar, can damage onyx. Instead, use a pH-neutral cleaner that is specifically designed for onyx.
- Avoid Acidic or Abrasive Cleaners: Acidic cleaners, such as lemon juice or vinegar, can etch the surface of onyx, while abrasive cleaners can scratch it. To prevent damage, only use cleaners that are safe for onyx.
- Use Coasters and Placemats: To prevent scratches and etching, use coasters and placemats under glasses, plates, and other items.
- Avoid Placing Hot Items Directly on the Onyx: onyx can be sensitive to heat, so it is important to use trivets or other protective surfaces when placing hot items on it.