Care and Maintenance
Marble is a beautiful natural stone that is delicate and requires proper care and maintenance to keep it looking its best. By following these care and maintenance tips, you can help ensure that your marble surfaces remain beautiful for years to come.
- Clean Up Spills Immediately: Marble is a porous material, which means that it can be stained easily. To prevent stains, it is important to wipe up any spills immediately with a soft cloth.
- Use a pH-Neutral Cleaner: Harsh cleaners, such as bleach or vinegar, can damage marble. Instead, use a pH-neutral cleaner that is specifically designed for marble.
- Avoid Acidic or Abrasive Cleaners: Acidic cleaners, such as lemon juice or vinegar, can etch the surface of marble, while abrasive cleaners can scratch it. To prevent damage, only use cleaners that are safe for marble.
- Use Coasters and Placemats: To prevent scratches and etching, use coasters and placemats under glasses, plates, and other items.
- Avoid Placing Hot Items Directly on the Marble: Marble can be sensitive to heat, so it is important to use trivets or other protective surfaces when placing hot items on it.