Care and Maintenance
Lido Quartz is a low maintenance material and require some care and maintenance to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips for caring for and maintaining your Lido Quartz.
- Daily Cleaning: All you need is warm water with a mild dish soap and a soft cloth to keep the lustre of your new Lido Quartz surface. Using an abrasive scrub pad or an abrasive detergent can cause serious damage to the surface. Disinfectant wipes and sprays can be used to sanitize your surface.
- Stains and Spills: For stubborn dried foods or even stains such as wine, oil, nail polish, and dried paint - scrape excess material away with a plastic putty knife then use a damp cloth with dish soap to clean the surface. Vim Cream Cleaner may be used for tougher stains. *Always test a small area as cleaners constantly change their formulas and may cause damage.
- Rust and Metal Marks: To remove metal marks caused by pots, pans. and tools - use a non-abrasive dish pad with mild detergent and warm water, gently rubbing the surface in a circular motion. Alternatively, Bar Keepers Friend® is an approved product to remove metal marks. After the marks have been removed, use a damp cloth to clean the surface of any residue. Lastly, wipe to dry.
- Heat Caution: Always place hot pots, pans, and other kitchenware on a trivet or hot pod to protect your surface. Exposure to heat can expand the resin found in Lido Quartz, warping the appearance of the stone.
- Scratch Prevention: Always use a cutting board when chopping food and never use sharp objects directly on the surface of your Lido Quartz. Use place mats under china, ceramics, silver, or other objects that can potentially cause scratching. Place coasters under all glasses, especially those containing alcohol or citrus juices.
- Sealing: All Lido Quartz products do NOT require any sealing. Using a stone sealer may cause damage to the surface of your Lido Quartz.
- Outdoors: Lido Quartz is not designed or applicable for outdoor use. UV rays can change the colour of your surface over time and damage your Lido Quartz.
- Prevent Patina: Clean all liquid spills, splashes, and stains. Try to clean up any liquid spills as soon as possible. The longer they remain, the harder it is to remove. Quartz with honed finishes will need more everyday cleaning to slow down the aging patina look.
- Products to Avoid:
- Bleach and solvents
- Harsh chemical products
- Acidic products
- Nail polish
- Oven Cleaner
- Abrasive cleaners
Protect Marble Countertops from Etching
Introducing MORE® AntiEtch®
- Prevents acid-etching and staining
- Offers a crystal clear finish
- Applicable on various surfaces, including marble, limestone, onyx, travertine, and concrete
- Available in honed and polished.
- Low odor during application
- Environmentally friendly
- Safe for use on food-grade surfaces
- Zero porosity, preventing the growth of germs and bacteria
- Resistant to cracking or peeling
- Easy to maintain and repair
- Durable, with an expected 10-year wear life
MORE® AntiEtch® is a treatment used by the top stone professionals across North America. When applied, AntiEtch® will stop etching and staining caused by acidic foods and liquids.Customers work directly with our network of Certified AntiEtch® Applicators to protect their marble countertops from ever staining again.
Say goodbye to the fear of red wine stains on your pristine surfaces. AntiEtch® provides an impenetrable shield, ensuring that your surfaces resist and repel red wine, preserving their flawless beauty for years to come.
Enjoy your morning brew without worrying about coffee stains. AntiEtch® stands guard against coffee spills, maintaining the clarity and brilliance of your surfaces. Embrace the elegance of a stain-free start to your day.
JuiceLemon juice, a common culprit for etching, meets its match with AntiEtch®. Liberate your surfaces from the damaging effects of acidic liquids. Experience the freedom to enjoy citrus refreshment without compromising the beauty of your space
People use AntiEtch® to protect, preserve, and enhance the beauty and longevity of their natural stone surfaces, all while gaining peace of mind and following professional recommendations.
Preserving Aesthetic Beauty
Anti Etch® allows people to enjoy the natural beauty of stone surfaces, such as marble, without the worry of etching and staining. It enables them to maintain the visual appeal of these surfaces for years.
Natural stone surfaces can be significant investments. People use AntiEtch® to protect their investment by ensuring that their countertops, floors, and other surfaces remain in pristine condition over time.
AntiEtch® significantly extends the lifespan of stone surfaces. It forms an effective barrier against etching from acidic substances, making the surfaces more durable and long-lasting.
Peace Of Mind
Using AntiEtch ® provides peace of mind, knowing that accidental spills of wine, citrus juices, or other acidic substances won't leave unsightly etch marks. This peace of mind is especially valuable in high-traffic areas and homes with active families.
Marble is one of the most elegant surface types you can have in your home or commercial space. It's cool and bright, extremely popular, and it goes with any decor.
Acid-sensitive stones like marble, limestone, travertine, and onyx are prone to etching
When acidic substances come in contact with these stone types, the acid actually begins to eat away at the surface, which creates dull spots known as etching. An etch is not a stain and cannot be prevented by using even the best penetrating stone sealer.
What Causes Etching?
Everyday items that you use in your kitchen such as lemons, vinegar, coffee, wine, and soda or in your bathroom, like toothpaste, certain cleaners, and lotions can quickly cause an etch mark. While it's certainly possible to repair etches, the process can be labor intensive, inconvenient, and expensive. Most importantly, the repair does not protect against future etching.
MORE® AntiEtch® comes with a 10 year warranty against etching and staining, which means you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing your countertops are protected for years to come.
MORE® AntiEtch® is applied by a certified applicator in your area. Contact us for a local applicator in your area to receive a quote.
How much does it cost?
This process can range from $95 - $110/sf
AntiEtch requries the applicator to grind your stone so the coating can bond to the surface, after the product has cured, the applicator will then polish or hone the surface to your liking.