MONT BLANC 2CM QUARTZITE
Protect your Stone
There are 2 options to protect your quartzite and preserve its beautiful aesthetic by minimizing staining or even completely eliminating the issue altogether.
Natural Stone Sealer
- The most common protection option for quartzite and other natural stones - sealers increase the stain resistance of your quartzite
- Each Natural Stone sealer is different and has varying porosity and maintenance. Please refer to your stone fabricator for information on the specific sealer that was used for your project
- It is important to remember that natural stone sealer does not make quartzite stain proof
TuffSkin Surface Protection
- A step up in protection for your quartzite - TuffSkin is a physical laminate film that prevents liquids from coming in contact with your quartzite
- Prevents Staining
- Available in polished and honed finishes
- 1-5 year expected lifetime
- This protection option will make your quartzite stain proof.
- For more information, please contact us.
Care and Maintenance
- Clean Up Spills Immediately: Quartzite is a porous material, which means that it can be stained easily. To prevent stains, it is important to wipe up any spills immediately with a soft cloth.
- Use a pH-Neutral Cleaner: Harsh cleaners, such as bleach or vinegar, can damage quartzite. Instead, use a pH-neutral cleaner that is specifically designed for quartzite.
- Avoid Acidic or Abrasive Cleaners: Acidic cleaners, such as lemon juice or vinegar, can etch the surface of quartzite, while abrasive cleaners can scratch it. To prevent damage, only use cleaners that are safe for quartzite.
- Use Coasters and Placemats: To prevent scratches and etching, use coasters and placemats under glasses, plates, and other items.
- Avoid Placing Hot Items Directly on the Quartzite: quartzite can be sensitive to heat, so it is important to use trivets or other protective surfaces when placing hot items on it.